- Friendly ÖSD test center
- Register 3 weeks before
- Small groups
ÖSD German Language Exam
€ 160,00 – € 310,00
Ready to take the ÖSD exam?
Register today for your ÖSD German language exam at INNES. Modern, bright facilities in a central location. Friendly examiners. ÖSD German language exams take place over two days (Thursday and Friday) in the afternoon. All levels have a different duration, exact information can be found below. Available at A1, A2, B1, B2, C1 and C2 level
A1, A2, B1, B2, C1, C2
Ready to take the ÖSD exam?
Register today for your ÖSD German language exam at INNES. Modern, bright facilities in a central location. Friendly examiners. The ÖSD German language exams start at 1 pm on the arranged exam date. All levels have a different duration, exact information can be found here. Available at A1, A2, B1, B2, C1 and C2 level.
Test your German knowledge
- as proof of sufficient language competence to apply for permanent residence
- as an additional qualification at the job center (AMS) and your professional career
- as proof of German language skills as required for access to universities
Our language teachers are certified ÖSD examiners. They know the examination requirements for all levels and prepare you in the best way in all skills – Listening, Reading, Writing, and Speaking.
Time and Date
ÖSD exams take place over two days: Thursday and Friday. The written part of your exam is on Thursday, and the oral part is on Friday.
You will receive more information about the exams closer to the time.
Registration | Results
You can register online, over the phone, or in person at our office at least 3 weeks before the exam date. You can expect to receive your certificate within 7 working days after the exam.
Exam Fees vary depending on whether you are a current INNES student or an external student. The prices indicated above are for external students.
Current INNES students can access our reduced ÖSD exam fees:
A1 I A2 140 EUR
B1 I 170 EUR
B2 I 190 EUR
C1 I 210 EUR
C2 | 290 EUR
Dictonaries and Phones
For B2 level exams, you may use a bilingual paperback dictionary, and for C1 and C2 level exams you may use a German-German dictionary. You must switch off your mobile phone during the entire exam and leave it at our reception.
What is ÖSD, anyways?
ÖSD stands for Österreich – Schweiz – Deutschland. ÖSD is a state-approved examination and assessment system for German as a Foreign Language / German as a Second Language. ÖSD German language exams focus mainly on communicative aspects which aim to assess foreign language competence in real-life situations. They correspond to the levels of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR). The ÖSD is to Germany, Austria, and in Switzerland what the TOEFL or IELTS is to the rest of the (English-speaking) world. Below, find a list of which doors the ÖSD German language exam opens for you:
- In Austria: accepted as proof of sufficient language competence to apply for permanent residence (A1, family reunification), and for the granting of Austrian citizenship (B1). Not accepted for the Austrian Integration Agreement.
- Entry qualification for Austrian universities: C1 level is requested by most universities in Austria to matriculate if the German language is not your native language.
- Worldwide: accredited and recognized as proof of your German competence.
- Your ticket into the job market: Being able to offer your future employer a B2 | C1 or C2 ÖSD German language certificate definitely boosts your employability across all fields of work.